RC PES-B SERIES
RC PES-B SERIES is UV curable ink designed for treated PET containers.
Treated PET containers
- Good over-printability. Good chemical resistance.
- Gloss finish. Abrasion resistance of the surface is excellent.
HOW TO USE
- Dyne level of the substrate : <60 dyn/cm²
- Add JAR-18 by 5% to improve adhesion. Mix well so that the additive does not remain on the container or mixing tool. Do not use the mixture just after the mixing as prints might be uneven. Let the mixture stand for 20 minutes before use. The mixture has pot life of 8-12 hours. Check the adhesion before print.
- Add REDUCER by up to 10% to lower the viscosity.
- Add EXTENDER by appropriate quantity to lower density.
- Add JAR-8 or JAR-15(accelerator) when the standard curing cannot be obtained due to degrading of the lamp or type of substrate.
- Standard curing conditions: (These conditions change depending on the substrate.)
Metal halide lamp 120W/cm, Distance from focus : 10 cm
Conveyor speed : 10 m/min (Integral light : approx. 250 mJ/cm²)
- Mesh : Polyester >300 meshes/inch, Thickness of sol : 10 microns
white, opaque white, lemon yellow, deep yellow, orange, bright red, red, geranium, pink, violet, deep blue, blue, marine blue, green, black, extender
Approx. 70-90 m²/kg
TYPE OF PACKING
1 kg plastic container
- Adhesion might become poor when dyne level is not good enough. In this case, treat the substrates again with flame or corona discharge.
- The viscosity and printability of the ink change depending on the temperature. Printability in the summertime is different from that in wintertime.
- Although skin irritation is low(P.I.I.:<2.0), it is advised to avoid skin contact with the ink. In case of contact with skin, wash immediately with soap and water.
- Store the ink in a cool and dark place. Stir occasionally to keep stability when the ink is stored for a long time.
- Stir well before use as de-foamer might be separated.
- Please refer to MSDS before use.
- Be sure to do trial print before commercial run to confirm that the product fits the purposes.
- Substrate : Treated PET container(Dyne level 65 dyn/cm²)
- Meshes : Polyester 300 meshes/inch
- Curing : One metal halide lamp 120W/cm
- Conveyor speed 10m/min.(Integral light : 250 mJ/cm²)
||Cross-hatch, tape-peeling test
||Adhesion test with 3-time-print
||24-hour-immersion in 99.5% ethanol
|Warm water resistance
||24-hour-immersion in warm water of 40°C(104°F)
||500 hours by Sunshine-weather meter
- Information given here is gained from our laboratory testing, and no firm guarantee is implied.
- Weathering resistance depends on the color. Please refer to lightfastness chart before use.